Spring Cleaning Car Care Tips & Advice
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Chicago Jaguar Dealer Shares Car Care Advice
As the season begins to change, all of us at this Chicago Jaguar dealer, want to make sure you take care of your car all year round. We found these great Spring cleaning car care tips that will help keep your Jaguar looking shiny and new for a long time! And, if your new or used Jaguar is due for routine maintenance, schedule service at our Jaguar service center.
Source: Road and Travel
After a long winter, it's important to get your car back in tip-top shape. Here are some car care tips to help you out.
- A good hand wash of your vehicle is very important in the spring. Take the time to check out the condition of your paint while you're washing and make note of any chips or scratches.
- If you do find some minor damage to your paint job, buy some touch-up paint as soon as possible. It's important to prevent rust from forming!
- Spray the salt and dirt out of your wheel wells ( a favorite hiding spot for rust) and repair any rust if necessary.
- A good waxing is great for your paint job after winter.
- Check the windshield for stone chips or cracks. It often isn't necessary to replace the entire windshield, just repair the chips.
- This is also a good time to replace worn out wiper blades
- If the carpet in your vehicle is subjected to a lot of salty water over the winter, rust could be forming where you can't even see it, underneath the carpet. A good rug shampoo will help remove the salt from the carpet fibers. Make sure to clean the upholstery too.
- Clean the vinyl a vinyl treatment product to help protect against drying and cracking.
- Clean your windows, inside and out, to increase visibility.
Under the Hood
- Change the engine oil & filter if needed (every three months).
- Get a tune-up if necessary (check vehicle owner's manual for frequency).
- Inspect cooling system hoses for leaks and drive belts for cracks.
- Have your antifreeze tested. It prevents your coolant from boiling in the summer.
Check Your Tires
- Check your tire pressure. Temperature changes can affect it. Having the proper tire pressure will maximize your gas mileage and save wear & tear on your tires!
- Check the condition of your tires. Did they sustain any damage? Is there anything visibly wrong like cuts or bulges in the side walls? If so, have them checked.
Source: Road and Travel
Jaguar of Naperville has a large inventory of new and Pre-Owned Jaguar cars and parts. Our service department is dedicated to keeping your Jaguar looking great and running smoothly. To contact this Chicago Jaguar dealer, click here or call 888-245-5715